Refund Methods- the means by which money is credited to customers returning/exchanging merchandise. Refund methods can be configured in accordance with your return policy.The deductions that you configure on refund methods will be exposed to shoppers as restocking deduction during their request creation flow. For more details on restocking fee, please visit this link:
What types of Refund Methods are available?
We currently have 2 Refund Methods.
- Original Payment Method: Usually within 7 days after the return is received.
- Gift Card/Store Credit: The fastest option for customers. Added immediately to your account. This option is available to both Shopify and Shopify plus users.
Turning a refund method on/off:
Navigate to Configure > Return Management > Refund Methods
Once, there, you can turn a refund method on or off by using the toggle.
Making a refund method default:
You can make a refund method default by turning the default toggle off or on. The default payment method will be pre-selected for the shopper at the shopper portal.
Editing a refund method:
You can also edit a refund method. There are following things that are editable in the refund methods:
- Label: Label text is the text that will appear in the shopper portal, describing this refund method to your shopper. You can change it to fit better with your brand voice.
- Return Deduction Value: Return deduction value is the amount that will be charged to the shopper for using this refund method. The amount you mention in here, will be charged for each returning product/SKU in the shopper's service request.
- Exchange Deduction Value: The exchange deduction value is the amount that will be charged to the shopper for using this refund method. The amount you mention in here, will be charged for each exchanging product/SKU in the shopper's service request.
- Service Window: This can be the same as Global service window or you can create a custom window specifically for this payment method.
To, edit a refund method, click on the pencil icon next to it and it will open a modal:
You can also toggle the refund methods on or off from the edit option and make changes to the default payment method for Exchanges/Returns.
Here is a video guide on refund methods: