Configure settings that will automate aspects of processing flow so that you can offer your shoppers a fast turnaround with minimal work from your side.
EXPLAINING AUTOMATION RULES
Automation rules can be applied in two stages of the process:
- Admin Side
- Warehouse Side
The rules can be used to skip automation or automate based on some event for a different set of configurations. You can set rules to act based on:
- Whether the request type is return or exchange?
- Apply to All Products or Products in a specific price range
EXPLANATION OF THE ACTIONS:
- Skip Admin Approval: Using this rule would skip the admin approval altogether. As soon as the request is clear from the warehouse side, it will be auto-approved and the refund or exchange order will be created.
- Request Qualification: Using this rule, you can approve or deny the creation of the service request in the first place. The request will only be created if it qualifies as per your standards.
- Example use case: You can choose to manually approve requests for products above $1000 if the shopper chooses to return. The request will show up in your Qualification Queue, and if you approve, only then the shopper will be given the shipping label or go ahead to send the item back.
- Approve at Admin On Delivered Event: Using this rule, you can set the system such that as soon as the products have been delivered to the warehouse (as soon as we get the delivered event from the carrier), the refund or exchange requests will be auto-approved.
- Approve at Admin On First Scan Event: Using this rule, you can set the system such that as soon as the products have been scanned at the carrier’s pick-up point, the refund or exchange requests will be auto-approved.
- Skip Warehouse Authorization: By default, your warehouse system will auto-approve products as they are delivered. If you want to manually approve some products, you can use this rule to make that happen.
CONFIGURING AUTOMATION RULES
To configure the automation rules, navigate to:
Configure > Return Management > Automation Rules
Click on Add new rule to begin the process.
You will be taken to the rule creation page.
Fill in the details:
- Rule Name: Give your new rule a name so that it is easy to find.
- Actions: Select the action you want this rule to take. To see what these actions mean, read this
- Set Parameters: Set the parameters for which this rule will be applied.
All Products or Specific Price Range
Once you have set everything up, click on Create Rule and your rule will be created. You will be taken to the table of rules, where you can hit the toggle to activate this rule.
To disable a rule, you can again, turn the toggle off. Once you disable a rule, it won’t be applied to any requests made after you disabled it. But it will still be applicable to the requests while it was active.
To delete a rule, you can click the delete icon. On the confirmation modal, confirm, and the rule will be deleted.